Therefore, it made sense that by processing the image in post more aggressively this interpretation of the image could be changed for the viewer to see the image even more differently and maybe more importantly: how the photographer wanted it to be seen.
|1. Original image of street performer|
|2. Adjusted colour version of street performer|
|3. Final black-and-white version of street performer|
|4. Original landscape image|
|5. Adjusted colour version of landscape image|
I firstly adjusted the 'Tone Curve' again in Lightroom to produce Image 6 but this time raised the darks, midtones and lights so that the image became high-key. I found that quite unexpectedly for me the white balance sliders made a big impact on the final look of the image. The reason I had not been expecting this was because I had already converted it to black-and-white at that stage but I realise now that it was a RAW file and the colour information was still there. These sliders helped me to achieve the 'dreamy' effect I was after.
|6. Final black-and-white version of landscape image|